Sunday 21 August 2011

21st August 2011 - 34 weeks

Wow it's getting close! Started packing my hospital bags today - yes bags - I have two so far. One for baby and the other for me! Washed most of Bumpys clothes and blankets also. I must admit it was really cute hanging up his tiny little clothes. I'm sure the novelty will wear off soon enough on that side.

Feeling so much more cumbersome lately. Finding my bump (or should I say my top bump) gets in the way a little - like when opening doors or in the kitchen. Still wearing non-maternity clothes - except for the odd pair of leggings. I mostly live in empire line summer dresses, or long linen tops with leggings. Don't want to wear anything too baggy or anything that might cling in anyway to my bottom bump. If my dress has ties I now tie them at the front to accentuate my bump as I intend to make it as obvious as possible to everyone that yes I am pregnant, not just fat!!

In fact I lost a pound this week so I'm still pretty much the same weight I always am pre-pregnancy. Doesn't help in making me feel any lighter as my pelvis has been playing me up alot this week. Had so many disrupted night sleep lately. Great excuse to have an afternoon nap at the weekend. The hubby finished fixing and painting the family crib yesterday. Can't remember if I mentioned it already, but his family for the past 50 years have all used the same wicker crib when small babies. Even my husband was in this, so it's really lovely to carry on the tradition - even if it does mean another upholstery project.

Still don't dare get to get too excited, not exactly sure why. Maybe after everything that has happened this year I don't feel able to look too far ahead, or think that something good will actually happen. I know that once he is here I will feel different. But I do wish I could be as excited as some of my friends and family are. I keep getting asked if I am excited. I try not to give too unusual a response, but I can't pretend that I am on cloud nine. I often joke that as long as I can manage to keep him alive. Most people who know me know my sense of humour and are aware of my outlook on things. I've never been one to gush about babies anyway, and maybe I worry to much about the practical side of things. But I am looking forward to meeting him, and talking to him and watching him as he grows and develops his own personality and sense of humour. I'll enjoy teaching him things and watching him interact with everyone.

Not that I need any reminding, this is the one most important thing that I have ever done so far in my 35 years on this earth. I just don't want to screw it up!


Here are my measurements for the week -

Bust - 52 inches (-0.5)
Waist - 52.5 inches (+1)
Hips - 57 inches (+1.5 inch)
Weight - -0.2kg 


Symptoms
  • leg cramps - although haven't been as severe this week
  • more weird dreams
  • Periods of extreme tiredness - resulting in lovely deep sleep cat naps!
  • strong twinges and painful aching in my pelvic area - especially around the pubic bone
  • occasional sharp pains (are these braxton hicks?)

And now for the weekly shots -

34 weeks side view

34 weeks plan view

No comments:

Post a Comment