Sunday 17 July 2011

17th July 2011 - 29 weeks

Ok, first off - had my GTT test, started at 4.7 then was 5.8 after 2 hours - so all ok. Plus my iron levels were good too - so no worries there. Then on Wednesday I had my 28 week scan. Again everything for normal, a big relief as I was quite worried about his growth. Even more so after sitting in a room with other 28 week pregnant ladies whose bumps seem to be much bigger than mine. But I think I've decided that due to my shape and size originally and that I think I've lost a little weight (discounting the baby weight) then I'm not showing as much as I should be. But that said, I can see this all changing dramatically over the next few weeks as my waistline - the valley between my top and bottom bumps  - is growing and will hopefully pop out over the next few weeks to give me a proper bump. But if it doesn't, then it doesn't. There's not much I can do about it, apart from choosing what I wear.

But  I do want to be normal, and to not have to explain to people that I am pregnant, it's embarrassing having to explain it to people still. Only 6 weeks left at work now, it will be hard for me to leave my department behind for so many months, I do worry that things will change, things that I won't like. But I can't have it all can I? My boss has asked me to work on some projects whilst I am off, which is nice, but how will this work in reality? Hard to know until he arrives and I know how much else I can cope with!

Feeling the urge to understand more of the finer details about having and looking after a baby, I know you can read and read and read, but will never know everything - or that other people can't always teach you what's right for you and your baby and you have to trust your instincts. Will be making many a list though to make sure I've bought all of the essentials and packed all the right things to take to the hospital - yes that's on my mind every day now - the hospital!! That day is fast approaching and the main thing I need to do now is to get my head around the fact that I'm actually going to have a baby coming out of my nether regions soon!

Tired now so will stop blethering on -


Here are my measurements for the week -

Bust - 52.5 inches (-0.5)
Waist - 51.5 inches (-0.5)
Hips - 56.5 inches (-0.5)
Weight - -2.1kg 


Symptoms
  • leg cramps during the night
  • sharp pain in the night if I try and flip over too quickly
  • Periods of extreme tiredness
  • little bit of heartburn
  • shorter of breath than normal

And now for the weekly shots - 

29 weeks plan view

29 weeks side view

No comments:

Post a Comment