Sunday 17 April 2011

17th April 2011 - 16 weeks

Wow - 16 weeks!! How did that happen!! I've got a feeling time is going to really fly by now! Another non-eventful week, feeling good generally. Noticing how my emerging bump (still hidden in the flubber for now) is changing how I move - especially bending over, which I can still do of course but now I feel a restriction on how far and how quickly!

I've had a couple of dizzy spells, mostly after rushing around. These pass pretty quickly, but I guess it's a reminder of how I need to be more aware of what I am doing. But on the whole I'm feeling good, fewer headaches, less queasiness and a general more positive outlook. Started thinking about my maternity wardrobe - not an easy thing if you are over a certain size! You are restricted pretty much to looking online, to places like Simply Be, Bon Prix, Fashion World and eBay. Amazingly Evans do not run a maternity line anymore so it can be a slightly depressing experience trying to find clothes that fit and flatter!

As most of my pregnancy time will be during the warmer weather my staple wardrobe will consist of empire line, cotton summer dresses in a variety of colours with little shrugs and sandals. Due to the recent sunny spell I've been able to practise this look already and find it makes me feel much more feminine and comfortable. I will probably be able to wear most of my old summer dresses during the pregnancy as they have room to grow, but I've also bought a few dresses in a size up for when I'm huge, which I'm sure won't be that far away. I also believe that this style of dress will help make my B bump look more like a D bump!

It is a shame that us larger girls have so little choice when it comes to plus size maternity wear - the only specific maternity wear I have bought so far a leggings from Simply Be and a couple pairs of jeans from eBay. The small ranges that do exist online are often very limited in style and very much vere on the safer side of fashion - if only I knew how to make my own clothes! I even emailed Evans to tell them that they really need to consider a maternity range - and a range not solely consisting of legging, work trousers and humorous t-shirts! Not heard back from them though . . .

Want to get my creative juices flowing in another way soon - once I find out the sex of Bumpy on the 11th May I will try making some clothes, a mobile and bumpers for the cot. It's been a while since I did some proper sewing, if I make anything half decent I'll post photos on here!

Been thinking alot about the Nursery, determined not to follow tradition and will avoid pastels at all costs!! My house is very modern and I love the scandinavian look with simple white furniture, bold wall colours and quirky colourful textiles - here are a couple of rooms I am using as my inspiration (apologies for not linking back to the original sites - I have these in an ideas folder on my desktop and have lost track of the original sources.





Loving the grey walls - never would have thought it could look so good - works so well with the white and splashes of colour!

Oh almost forgot - have my 16 week appointment with my midwife on Tuesday - must remember my little wee bottle ! :0)


Here are my measurements for this week -

Bust  - 51.5 inches (no change)
Waist - 48.5 inches (no change)
Hips - 55 (-1)
Weight - -0.3g

So I've lost weight again this week - amazing considering my friend made us a giant dish of cheese and sour cream covered nachos followed by cream cakes on Friday! Don't feel like I have been eating less than usual.

Symptoms
  • same as last week really just with extra dizziness!
And finally the weekly shots (still don't look any different!) -

16 weeks plan view

16 weeks side view

No comments:

Post a Comment