Sunday 13 March 2011

13th March 2011 - 11 weeks

Can't believe I'm in my Eleventh week already - it scares the life out of me when I think I'm now more than a quarter the way through. The main development this week is that I can now feel a proper bump. A lovely round ball below my belly button. Nothing to see yet though as it's nestled in with the flubber, but every morning now it seems to be just that little bit bigger.

The week didn't start off too well though as apart from dealing with jetlag I had a couple bad days of morning sickness, followed by extreme tiredness for the whole week. I've put this down to the growth spurt. My diet this week hasn't been great either, ate a whole packet of chocolate fingers on Sunday, then pizza and pancakes on Tuesday, and topped it all off with Fish n Chips Friday night. But still despite all of this I have lost a little weight.

Not sure if I've mentioned already but I have a date for my 12 week scan, it's on the 22nd March, followed a few days later by an appointment with a Consultant. Not quite sure what the Consultant appointment will be for - whether it will be about my weight or my blood clotting. But I'm more nervous about the scan. As much as I can't wait to see Bumpy on the screen I am dreading exposing my flubber and having it squished about and possibly commented upon. Worse still it will interfere with the scan and leave me feeling like some kind of freak rather than an expectant mum. I'm really trying not to worry too much about it, but it's something I'm finding hard to ignore and wish I could get over it and just think about the baby side of things.

Still yet to tell any more people. Hubby wants to wait as long as possible, I'm not sure. Although I have a feeling that I could probably hide it for longer than most women I still want to be open about it as I find it really hard to not spill the beans or make it obvious.

The whole feeling I have at the moment that the reality of having a baby is on hold, until we have the scan and everybody knows. I start to look at pushchairs and other things but it doesn't seem real. I guess it's quite normal to feel this way at this stage - before I know it I will be up to my eyes in nappies and poop!


Here are my measurements for this week -

Bust  - 51.5 inches (no change)
Waist - 49 inches (-.05)
Hips - 56 (no change)
Weight - -0.4kg

Not a great deal of change despite the bump appearing! Wonder if I have lost more weight as surely the baby and fluid weight must have increased this week? Hard to tell I guess.

Symptoms
  • queasiness - two bad days at the beginning of the week but felt much better second half
  • headaches - seem to have almost a constant underlying headache these days
  • emotional
  • tiredness - but waking up early
  • Solid bump appearing! Yay!
And finally the weekly shots -
11 weeks side view

11 weeks plan view

No comments:

Post a Comment