Sunday 1 May 2011

1st May 2011 - 18 weeks

Time really is flying by now. I still can't believe that in four months now I'll have a little person to look after. We had a trial run this weekend looking after my sisters two children who are four and 16 months. Having to look after two children, one of which is an energetic four year old was exhausting and really made it hit home how much of a full time job it is. I've learnt that by being prepared and having a routine helps, so does being patient. I do worry about getting stressed, not just at the baby but at my husband who hasn't quite grasped the practical side of parenting and will happily let a baby sit in full sun without sun cream, hat, water or shade!! He still thought that I was making a fuss!

I still think I will stick at one child, I don't know if I could cope with two - especially if there wasn't much of an age gap. This weekend also made me realise that I can no longer be lazy, or think about myself first. That's going to tough for me as I'm so used to getting my own way!

We've ordered the car seat already as I was worried as it seemed to be going out of stock everywhere. But I am still nervous about buying too much. I know that buying things won't make something bad happen but a part of me still expects the worst. I guess that's normal, and I do need to be in some way realistic. There have been so many other women on the Babycentre forums that have miscarried, some further along than me. I know that even if everything goes well I will still be worrying once they are here!

I've been really emotional again this week, I've cried about 5 times every day - I only need to read something sad, or see something tragic on tv then I'm off! I even cried watching the Royal Wedding (although I suspect I won't be the only one!) I've also had very little patience with the husband, who at times is fantastic and lovely, but at other times is pig headed and extremely annoying. Now I'm trying to keep a level head, and hate to be called emotional (even if that's what I'm being) but I'm finding it so hard to bite my tongue at the moment! I can see several more arguments ahead!!

Anyway, that's enough whinging for now, here are my measurements for the week -

Bust - 51.5 inches (no change)
Waist - 48.5 inches (-0.5)
Hips - 56 inches (+0.5)
Weight - -0.4kg

Lost a little weight, strange considering I had a lot more chocolate than usual as it was Easter!

Symptoms

  • even more emotional and irritable
  • lack of motivation
  • back ache
And now for the weekly shots - still don't look any different!!!

18 weeks side view

18 weeks plan view

No comments:

Post a Comment