Monday 5 September 2011

5th September 2011 - 36 weeks

I am now officially a lady of leisure. Last day at work on Friday. Was a little bit of an anti-climax in some ways, but it was also quite stressful and I'm sure I've left some kind of chaos behind, but there has to be a cut off date, and Friday was that day!

Also had out first NCT class on Sunday. Six hours of learning about positions during labour, the last stages of pregnancy, signs of labour, problems and choices. I chose to go to these rather than the free ones as I had heard they were more thorough and as people were paying to go there they would be more involved. My sister says it's ante natal for posh people, and maybe she's right as everyone seemed quite middle class, but I found it really useful - if not a bit scary thinking it would be me soon! We have our second 6 hour class on Friday, then I think I have a breastfeeding session next week.

On Wednesday I will be having what may well be my last scan - a 36 week growth scan. I'm wondering still if Bumpy is in a breech position as the Midwife was unable to tell (podge related issue I think!). I think a strange part of me is hoping he is, and that I will have to have a caesarian. Crazy, I know as this isn't the easy option, but I think it's my fear of labour that's making me feel this way. I've been suffering more this week with my self diagnosed SPD. Had several really bad nights sleep, terrible aching in my hips then sharp pain in my pubic bone every time I tried to reposition myself. Walking has also become uncomfortable and painful at times - especially on the left hand side of my pelvis. This pain has made me question my tolerance levels - I really worry I may be a complete wimp and unable to bear the pain of labour and childbirth. Not a rare fear though of course!!!

But then on the other hand I know I would be really proud of myself for doing it, and don't want to imagine it as some kind of hellish task - I'm bringing life into the world - my first child, my son. It should be a magical and wonderful (albeit painful) experience. Maybe if I follow Ina May Gaskins advice and imagine myself as a hollow tube, relax my face, make mooing noises etc I will be alright - it's that simple isn't it?!

Ha! I'm such a chicken!! Anywho, as a lady of leisure I have lined up a long lists of tasks for myself so must go!


Here are my measurements for the week -

Bust - 52 inches (-0.5)
Waist - 54.5 inches (+1.5)
Hips - 58 inches (+1)
Weight - -0.7kg 


Symptoms
  • new stretch marks appearing around my waist.
  • brittle nails and dry skin
  • constipation (yay!)
  • strong twinges and painful aching in my pelvic area - especially around the pubic bone
  • heartburn at night if I eat too late
And now for the weekly shots -

36 weeks side view

36 weeks plan view

No comments:

Post a Comment