Monday 3 October 2011

3rd October 2011 - 40 weeks

It's October!! And yes - no baby as of yet! My official due date was yesterday and like a trooper I made it to my friends wedding, lasted right to the end, and even had to drive home myself as I stupidly allowed the hubby to have more to drink! Was ok, although felt very tired the next day, probably also because it was 29 degrees and we went over to my Mums to help her pack for her move. Phew - it was a tiring few days - that included the day before the wedding where a last minute dash to Bluewater was required for accessories to my outfit!
Friends and family are getting a little impatient, so is the husband. But I'm not at the "just get him out" stage yet - would like a few calm days beforehand to chill out.
Trying to find a wedding outfit that I felt comfortable but nice in was interesting - luckily I discovered a dress I had bought about a year ago - it was just a dark blue jersey dress but has a pretty waistband of oversized pewter sequins to make it a bit dressier. So I teamed it with a metallic shrug, shoes and clutch bag, bought a fancy hairband fascinator and even if I do say so myself looked ok. I still didn't look pregnant to some people though, one lady, when she was told I was pregnant thought I wasn't due until February - when I said sheepishly - No I'm due tomorrow! It was a little awkward - but the husband said I was being over sensitive. When I showed my family the photos even my Mum said I didn't look pregnant. Think she thought she was being complementary.
Well it's a bit late now - I'm not suddenly going to develop the perfect bump, and my horrible wobbly bit underneath isn't going to disappear. So I'll just have to accept this and stop worrying about it so much! What I need to worry about is the labour!! Have bought a TENS machine and am hoping that it will be of use as a friend who had her baby yesterday said it was fantastic. Am seeing the consultant on Wednesday so may possibly discuss my options regarding induction - I think she wanted to check whether I was favourable - REALLY looking forward to that - NOT!! Anywho - am off out tonight for a meal (no curries) for possibly one of my last nights out for a while! More developments next week perhaps!!


Here are my measurements for the week -

Bust - 52.5 inches (-1)
Waist - 54.5 inches (+1)
Hips - 57 inches (-0.5)
Weight - +0.3kg 


Symptoms
  • emotional (still!)
  • random aches and pains
  • dry lips
  • lack of appetite
  • strong twinges and painful aching in my pelvic area - especially around the pubic bone
  • heartburn at night if I eat too late
And now for the weekly shots -

40 weeks plan view

40 weeks side view

No comments:

Post a Comment